Senator David Mark, Reacts to Appeal Court’s Judgement



Senator David Mark who issued a statement through his media assistant, Paul Mumeh, read sbelow:
I urged my constituents to remain calm and be law abiding, and also boasted that “if we go back to the polls 100 times, I will still win convincingly”.

He said: “Whatever the situation may be, one thing I know is that my people are solidly behind me. They also appreciate the fact that I have done more than enough to lift up Idoma nation to a position of eminence in the contemporary political history of Nigeria.”
Mark’s victory at the Benue south senatorial district election was challenged by the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate at the election, Daniel Onjeh on the grounds that the poll was marred by irregularities.
In today’s verdict, Justice Ige ruled that the election of David Mark was fraught with so many irregularities that it failed all tests of “freeness and fairness”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW! Scientists Develop Vaccine For HIV/AIDs

Suswam rains SUVs on Benue Governor-Elect, others

Senate Indicts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Over Loss of N1.6tr Revenue