TRUMP'S VICTORY: Angry Soyinka Reiterate I'll Tear My Green Card As Promised ....

Prof. Wole Soyinka, the Nobel Laureate has given an indication that he
will tear up his Green Card on January 20, 2017, the day Donald Trump
will be inaugurated as the 45th President of the US.
Last week, Soyinka had, in annoyance with the possible victory of the Republican candidate, threatened to destroy the card.
Soyinka in an In an interview with The INTERVIEW,
the world-acclaimed writer and human rights activist expressed
resentment at Trump’s emergence, saying it spelt trouble for humanity.
Asked if he still intended to thrash the card, he said, “Come January 20, 2017; watch my WOLEXIT!”
By WOLEXIT, he seemed to be referring to his final ‘exit’ from the US,
playing on Brexit, the expression referring to Britain’s historical exit
from the European Union.
Although he said he was not too surprised that Trump won, he noted that
his victory had brought an already teetering world closer to the
precipice.
He said, “The possibility (of Trump’s victory) was looming nearer and nearer, getting scarier and scarier.
“As the election day approached, the specter became near palpable. I
refused to switch on the television this morning until I had stiffened
myself with a strong espresso. I felt disaster in my marrow.
“Trump’s wall is already under construction. Walls are built in the
mind, and Trump has erected walls, not only across the mental landscape
of America but across the global landscape. “I am glad you referred to
the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall – that was one
anniversary in reversal!”
Read The Full Interview At The Interview
Comments
Post a Comment
The views expressed in comments published on my blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of queendoosh.com. Please take note.