Prof. Wole Soyinka Apologizes For Criticizing Buhari

Professor Wole Soyinka has apologized for criticizing President
Muhammadu Buhari, over his congratulatory message to Gambian
President-elect, Adama Barrow.
Buhari had congratulated Barrow, for his victory over incumbent Gambian President, Yahya Jammeh, at the poll.
The Nobel Laureate thought Jammeh had won and went ahead to criticize Buhari for his message.
He had said at the time: “President Buhari is congratulating the
president-elect of Gambia, that lunatic who makes his citizens undergo
hallucinogenic tests to prove that they are not witches on his farm.
“Please help me beg President Buhari, I don’t say he shouldn’t
congratulate Trump because there is no way one can avoid Trump but you
can avoid petty little dictators like Jammeh of Gambia who is the
opposite of everything one would expect of the true African leader for
his or he citizens. Please President Buhari, restrict yourself to those
you absolutely have to congratulate.”
Soyinka has now realized his mistakes and promptly tendered an apology.
“Just before setting off for my media chat at Freedom Park, I was handed
a Sunday newspaper with a comment on the recently concluded Gambian
Presidential elections. I totally misheard the comment and thought that
ex-President Jammeh had again succeeded in manipulating the votes to
remain on the continent’s ‘sit-tight’ roll of dishonour,” he said.
“It turned out that I had obtained the wrong picture. The torturer and
notorious administrator of hallucinogenic broths to citizens had been
dethroned. I therefore take back my criticism of Nigeria’s message of
congratulations.
“Let the entire West African sub-region and indeed the entire continent
rejoice in the overthrow of the monatrocity who had sworn to rule for a
billion years, a throw-back autocrat with delusions of eternal power who
casually tossed opposition in dungeons and threw the keys away. It is
now time to make Yahweh answer for his twenty-two years of boastful
misrule and crimes against humanity.
“Once again, my apologies for the miscommunication. I rejoice with the
long-suffering citizens of Gambia, encourage the rehabilitation of that
land strip, and recovery of its existence in full liberty, freed of
fear, and restored to dignity as part of the sentient species.”
Comments
Post a Comment
The views expressed in comments published on my blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of queendoosh.com. Please take note.