Read What Ex EFCC Boss, Farida Waziri Has To Say About Jonathan's Govt That's Got People Talking: You'll Be Shocked!!
Farida Waziri, a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, has said she is thankful former President Goodluck Jonathan kicked her out of office because his administration backed corruption.
According to a statement on Sunday, Waziri said this during an interaction with journalists at an unnamed event, which she attended in Lagos at the weekend.
What she said:
- She said the ongoing revelation of corruption during the Jonathan administration would have traumatised her if she was not sacked.
- Waziri added that EFCC was not allowed to function during Jonathan’s government.
- She said she was sacked because she refused to back down from the subsidy removal scam.
“I’m only glad that those things didn’t happen under my watch as the EFCC Chairman because it would have been too traumatic for me. And that is why if I see President Jonathan today, I will kneel down to thank him for the honour done me by removing me as the EFCC Chairman at the time he did.
“My first strong premonition of what was ahead was when I began the probe of the monumental oil subsidy fraud going on then.
“I came to Lagos on a vital intelligence on the subsidy scam and as soon as I arrested a key culprit I got a call from the Presidential Villa asking me to release the suspect, because, in their words, ‘he is our person’, but I refused to let him off and days after I was removed from office,” Waziri was quoted to have said.
Below is what people are saying:





Comments
Post a Comment
The views expressed in comments published on my blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of queendoosh.com. Please take note.