Elton John Announce Last Music Tour As He Wants To Spend More Time With Husband,David And Their Kids

Legendary singer, Sir Elton John has announced he will stop touring in order to prioritize his family.


Speaking in New York, the star said he would say goodbye to fans with a series of 300 dates spanning three years.

"I always thought I was going to be like Ray Charles, BB King - on the road forever," he said.

"My priorities have changed. We had children and it changed our lives. That doesn't mean to say I'm not going to be creative. But I'm not going to travel."

The star denied reports in the press that he was retiring due to ill health.

"Last year I picked up an infection and I was very ill and it knocked me sideways," he admitted. But I still did 96 shows.

"Believe me - if you ever do 300 shows, you're not in ill health."

'Bang not a whimper'

Sir Elton's Farewell Yellow Brick Road will kick off in the US this September, just months after he ends his six-month residency in Las Vegas.

"I don't want to go out with a whimper, but a big bang," he said, promising "the most fantastic show I've ever done".

After his tour, he added that he might consider another residency - "like Kate Bush," who played 22 dates at London's Hammersmith Apollo in 2014.

The star's hits include Tiny Dancer, Candle in the Wind, Benny and the Jets and Your Song
The star added he had come to the decision to spend more time at home with his husband, David Furnish.

"David and I sat down with a school schedule and I said, 'I don't want to miss too much of this.'

"I'm not stopping music. I'll hopefully be making more records. I'll be writing more musicals. But mostly, I'll be taking my kid to soccer academy - which is the most important thing.

"Life is all about change."

Sir Elton said he would be "creative up til the day I die" and that his farewell tour would be "a wonderful way to thank people".

His two sons - who will be eight and 10 when the tour ends - will join him for parts of the tour, being taught by a tutor.

"I don't want to miss them and I don't want them to miss me," he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW! Scientists Develop Vaccine For HIV/AIDs

Senate Indicts Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Over Loss of N1.6tr Revenue