6 Family Members Left Paralysed As Strange Disease Hits Nasarawa State
At least, six members of a family in Gitata, Nasarawa State have been paralysed by a strange disease NAN reports.
The six are the children of the late Danladi Bawa and all became paralysed after they turned 18, the eldest male in the family, Mr Danlami Danladi told NAN.
Danladi in the family compound in Gitata said that their father died in 1990, while their mother died in 2017, but not from the disease.
“My name is Danlami Danladi, I am 38 years old; as you can see, our parents are late.
“My father died in 1990 after a brief illness and our mother died in 2017 from malaria and typhoid attack. Our parents did not die of this disease.
“They gave birth to eight of us and six of us are now paralysed. We became paralysed after we attained the age of 18. When my father died in 1990, it was our mother who took care of our needs.
“I am the second born of our parents and I was paralysed in 2006. All of us went to the Federal Medical Centre, Keffi and Godiya Clinic, Jabba Local Government Area of Kaduna State, and after various tests, they told us that nothing was discovered. We pray that we will be healed of this mysterious disease one day,” he said.
Danladi appealed to the federal and state governments as well as well-meaning Nigerians to come to their assistance through the provision of foodstuff as well as medical needs.
He said that because of their condition they could not fend for themselves.
“I was repairing handsets before but now I cannot do the job because I am paralysed and I pray that God will heal me and my brothers and sisters,” he added.
Other members of the family are Asabe, who is married and has five children, Pius, Maikasuwa, Danjuma and Cecelia. Hanatu and Joshua are the youngest members of the family and are currently free of the disease.
Mr Shuaibu Ahmadu, a hunter and resident of the area, said the people were shocked by the affliction.
“The disease only afflicts them when they attain a certain age and we wonder why.
“We pray God to heal them and protect the remaining two children of the family from the disease,” Ahmadu said.

Comments
Post a Comment
The views expressed in comments published on my blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of queendoosh.com. Please take note.